Parts used when converting a Mustang from power brakes to manual brakes. Includes new pedal arm, firewall adapter block, pushrod, and hardware. Does not include master cylinder or brake lines.
This kit fits
- 1979-93 Mustang
- Direct replacement master cylinders for 1979-95 Mustangs
- Aftermarket master cylinders (such as Wilwood) that fit 3.20" to 3.22" mounting stud spacing, and have a shoulder less than 1.6" in diameter
- Manual transmission pedal box
- Automatic transmission pedal box
- Alternative to vacuum-assisted brakes that no longer function properly because of low engine vacuum.
- Consistent pedal feel because the pedal effort no longer varies from fluctuating vacuum level.
- Reduces weight.
- Pedal effort is reduced, compared to reusing a power brake pedal with a manual conversion, because the MM pedal arm has the proper leverage ratio for manual brakes.
- The pedal feels firmer because the MM pedal arm is much stiffer than the stock pedal. This quickens brake response and improves modulation.
- Firewall adapter block mounts the master cylinder at the proper angle for correct pushrod alignment. A misaligned pushrod will damage the master cylinder piston seals.
- Pedal pad height (the pad distance from the firewall) may be changed for easier heel and toeing.
- Quickens brake response because it eliminates the motion lost by the stock brake light switch attachment design.
Mustang 1979-1993 GT
Mustang 1979-1993 LX